EVOS FL Inverted Microscope
Location: U3202 MRB3
Reservations Optional on VU iLab website
Ever need to monitor your cell transfection efficiency? Want to quickly check the quality of your stain before taking slides into the confocal microscope room?
The EVOS FL inverted microscope is designed to quickly and easily evaluate your fluorescence in a variety of assays. This page will provide you with key information and documents describing the microscope’s functionality.
- The first pdf is the light cube/fluorophore compatibility list.
- The microscope has five filters:
- Texas Red
Additional filters can be purchased by labs and used on the EVOS, if desired.
- IF YOU ARE TRYING TO IMAGE GFP AND “RED”, YOU MUST USE THE TEXAS RED FILTER INSTEAD OF THE RFP FILTER. GFP BLEEDS INTO THE RFP FILTER TO THE POINT THAT YOU CANNOT DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE TWO.
- There are five objectives available for use:
- 4X Plan LWD PH 0.13NA
- 10X Plan LWD FL/PH 0.25NA
- 20X Plan LWD FL/PH 0.40NA
- 40X Plan FL 0.75NA Coverslip Corrected
- 100X Plan FL 1.28NA Oil, Coverslip Corrected
- The second pdf shows the various types of plates we have for holding a wide variety of samples (i.e., slides, round culture dishes, flasks).
- The third pdf is a Quick Start Guide to provide you with the basic information on operating the microscope. The Equipment Manager can provide any initial training for free which would get you up and running.
- Finally, there is a .jpg at the bottom which demonstrates the potential image quality using the 40x coverslip corrected objective.
- We do not have an onstage incubator for the microscope although it will do time-lapse imaging.
- Currently, we do not have a fee for using the EVOS as we wanted to provide an opportunity for labs to explore the instrument; however, this may change in the future.