TriCarb 2900TR Liquid Scintillation Analyzers
Location: 6149 MRB3
*Note: Please retrieve all of your samples from the counter for disposal. The VBI Equipment Resource is not responsible for disposing of radioactive waste. It is also courteous to do this so that others can use the instrument after you.
IF YOU DO NOT RETRIEVE YOUR SAMPLES IN A TIMELY MANNER, YOU WILL BE BILLED A FEE TO COVER THE CORE MANAGER’S LABOR TO IDENTIFY WHO LEFT SAMPLES AND TO HAVE THEM PICKED UP AND DISPOSED OF APPROPRIATELY BY THE RESOURCE USER. WE HAVE BEEN TOLD BY RADIATION SAFETY THAT WE CANNOT LEAVE RADIOACTIVE SAMPLES IN THESE ROOMS.
- This scintillation counter can be used for a variety of radioisotopes (see preset Energy Range below).
- Two diametrically opposed PMTs are coupled to a light-tight, reflective optical chamber for optimal sampling.
- The sample changer can hold up to 408 large vials or 720 small vials.
- Samples are placed in sample cassettes with a Protocol Flag. Protocol Flags will identify the protocol and assay conditions that you will use with your samples. Please be sure that the left arm of the flag is in the “read” position so that it identifies it as a new experiment needing to be counted.
- Results will automatically be sent to the printer for you to pick up.
Sample Vial Sizes
- Vial Height (Minimum 58.4 mm and Maximum 63.0 mm)
- Vial Diameter (Minimum 26.0 mm and Maximum 28.1 mm)
- Cap Diameter (Minimum 22.0 mm and Maximum < vial diameter)
- Vial Height (Minimum 53.0 mm and Maximum 58 mm)
- Vial Diameter (Minimum 14.5 mm and Maximum 17.8 mm)
- Cap Diameter (Minimum 13.0 mm and Maximum < vial diameter)
Here are the preset regions for the following nuclides:
- Tritium (0 – 18.6 keV)
- Carbon 14 (0 – 156 keV)
- Phosphorus 32 (5 – 1700 keV)
- Iodine 125 (0 – 70 keV)